Have you heard about the Facebook yard sale groups? Basically, a cross between craigslist and a yard sale. You put your items on the community page and what price you'd like. Someone will comment if they want it. The first person in line is the first person to comment on your item. You have 12 hours to respond to them or them to you before you can move on to the next person. It's fun, cheap, and really addicting. It's a big thing in my area. There's about a hundred of these groups and they range from general to really specific, like only power tools or only plus size clothes. I did a little shopping and selling over the weekend, and bought a bunch of new clothing and costume jewelry. However, I didn't spend a dime! I sold $50 worth of items, and bought $40 worth of items. I was + $10! I got a bunch of new skirts, a sweater, and a fabulous velvet blazer. It's like it was free. Somethings I have to alter (the skirts are kind of huge, but that's an easy fix.) The background of the collage is a pic of the lining of the awesome velvet blazer! Here's what I bought: 
HAUL BREAKDOWN:
CREAM COLOR GAP CARDIGAN, LOT OF COSTUME AND STERLING SILVER JEWELRY, CREAM COLOR PLEATED SKIRT WITH BLACK BOW FROM SHABBY APPLE, CREAM COLORED VELVET BLAZER (VELVET IS A HUGE TREND RIGHT NOW) PURPLE AND BLACK POLKA DOT SKIRT FROM CATO, STRIPED HI-LOW EIFFEL TOWER SHIRT FROM CATO, BLACK AND MAGENTA LACE PRINT SKIRT FROM CATO, BROWN POLKA DOT WRAP DRESS FROM NY & CO
Seriously one of my best days. I have plans for that velvet blazer for Christmas. (I may dye it black, cream just isn't smart to wear at my job or around my kids) Have any of you ever successfully dyed any clothing items? 
To find a Facebook Yardsale group near you just search local groups with the keyword "yardsale."