For a rainy, chilly weekend spent working I went for comfortable. Jeans tucked into boots with a cozy sweater. What's so fashion-y and special about that? This sweater is Vintage Ralph Lauren. I think it's from the early 90s. It's 100% cotton (I have to have natural fibers touching my upper arm when I wear long sleeves) and has an anchor on the front. The anchor is designed into the sweater and really subtle. I want to paint it with navy fabric paint so it stands out more, but I am afraid to touch it. I don't want to ruin my favorite sweater! The beauty of this find was it was 1/2 off $3.00. I paid $1.50. It's a men's medium, so it fits but a little weirdly. I don't care, I love it. Here's the look:
It rained and rained and rained. I went under the deck to get some semi-decent pics. I don't totally love that my sweater matches my platinum two toned hair....I think belting the sweater may have helped give me some shape, but none of my belts were right for the thickness of the sweater. I added my monogrammed Coach Tote (See? It says ASH) with knee-high buckled brown boots and pink accessories. Funny story, these boots remind me of a pair of Ralph Lauren boots...from the 90s. BUT these babes are Faded Glory brand from Walmart 2012. IMO they look more expensive than they are. My Hubby went to buy some DVDs and came back with these for me around the end of September. For no reason at all! This isn't a bad weekend combo, and it's definitely a step up from the usual jeans/hoodie/sneakers ensembles of everyone I know. How do you go casual for the weekends?
Outfit Breakdown
Sweater: Vintage Ralph Lauren via Small Blessings Thrift Store in Latonia Ky
Cami: Dots
Skinnies: Dots
Boots: Faded Glory from Walmart
Bag: Coach
Accessories: Necklace is from Glitter, Pink and Purple vintage earrings from Small Blessings in Latonia Ky,
Bracelet from Forever 21. Have I ever mention my signature Demi Cat Eye glasses are Covergirl? No? Well, they are by Covergirl (same as the cosmetics company) and the color is plum.