Today's look is an inspired by post! Kaylee at Sidewalk Ready featured this look awhile back, with a chambray shirt under a dress, and then Kacie from Kacie's Kloset did it this way.  My dress has a similar feel, except it is polka dotted,  and is a spring-y chiffon type fabric. I left out the additional black shirt. I did wear tights because no one wants to see my glow in the dark stems, and it was windy. I belted it, paired it with my knitted beret, gray lace-up boots, a multi-layer necklace and went to work. I think this is the third time in 12 days I've worn my chambray shirt. Since I bought it at full price (something that rarely happens) I believe I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of this guy. I had been wanting to wear something light, because it warmed up AGAIN (fall, won't you stay for a minute?) and I didn't want to sweat to death at work.

Maybe it's the knit beret, but I felt like a little French girl in this outfit. Where's my classic Schwinn bicycle? I need to go buy a baguet! Just kidding. IDK. I love how outfits and certain pieces of clothing can give you a feeling, almost like a character. Not like you are dressing in a costume, but just like, for a minute, you can be someone totally different. N'est-ce pas?


I LOVE this outfit. IDK, it just feels very fashion-y to me. Maybe because  I've seen this look often on blogs lately? I dunno. I also added a bangle in opposite colors, dainty earrings, and my leather Street Level satchel. Everytime I close that one clasp, it pops back open just in time for pictures!
I received many, many compliments on this from the guests at the hotel, and one not so great, but really funny comment from my son. He's four, and he said I look like a waitress. Then he asked me to make him pancakes. Aww! So, do I look like a waitress?


*Do you not LOVE all the crunchy leaves and beautiful fall foliage? These were taken at my BFF's apartment, right outside her front door. There are more, but I wanted this shot to show you how pretty it is here in the fall. I love KY.
That's me balancing on a beam. My idea to try to do it in heeled boots!


OUTFIT BREAKDOWN
Beret: Dots (quite old)
Chambray shirt: Old Navy
Polka dot dress: Forever 21 (from 2012, just in the spring)
Tights: George from Walmart
Boots: Wet Seal (2011)
Bag: Street Level via Piperlime
Earrings: Walmart
Necklace: Banana Republic via Gap Outlet
Bangle: Forever 21