I've been wearing a lot of red lately. Lips, shirts, purse. It's popping up everywhere. Maybe I'm feeling inspired by the upcoming holiday season? Maybe I just like how red looks against my pale skin and super blond hair? IDK, but red is in my wardrobe to stay! For a while anyway.

Two things to discuss. First, my "blogger bun." ALL my favorite fashion bloggers wear the so-called sock buns. They are suddenly a huge fad. I've been wearing them since 8th grade, when a girl in my class showed me how to do it. (I also regularly rocked cornrows. Inner-city school you know.) These days I do it the easy way. I use a BUN FORM. It is exactly what is sounds like, a form to make a bun. You throw your hair in a ponytail, then you can either start at the ends and roll the hair over and over your bun form and secure with hair pins (NOT BOBBY PINS.) Or do as I did here and slide the bun form to the base of your ponytail, fan your hair over it and then wrap the excess around the base and secure with hair pins. I did it this way for a messy, undone bun, but if you want the sleeker look, roll away! The bun form is like $3.99 and comes with hair pins. It's basically mesh and they come in different colors to match your hair.
The second thing to discuss: I look chunky here! I admit it and I don't mind. Fact is, I love this shirt. I love the detailing with the sequins at the shoulders. It's a GLEE shirt. But together with the skinny jeans, it's definitely not the most flattering look.  I was at the in-laws and had worn the jeans and boots with my Ralph Lauren sweater in THIS POST. We spent the night and this was the only other shirt I had available to wear.I decided to post it anyway because 1. I wanted to show you the bun form and 2. I'm not skinny. Sometimes, you can see my rolls. The world won't end. Plus, I still look cute for a rainy day spent at my in-laws refinishing furniture. (I'll post pics when it's done, so excited!) I went to Lowe's and sanded a table in it. I still like it. Maybe next time with a boot-cut jean?
OUTFIT BREAKDOWN
Glee Shirt: from STRUT consignment store in Florence KY
Jeans: Dots 
Boots: Walmart
Bun Form: Walmart
Necklace: Forever 21
Bag: Coach