I felt very polished and classy when I threw this together for work on Wednesday. I'd been planning to wear this 3/4 sleeve Ann Taylor LOFT sweater under the Tommy Hilfiger argyle cardi I thrifted BUT I don't have any pants I really liked with it. The 3/4 sleeve sweater is so thin-like a t-shirt, and great for layering when you don't know if it's going to be hot or cold! I tried it with this cashmere Apt. 9 cardigan and loved the combo of orange and leopard. I added some plain black flared slacks that I've had for years, black ballet flats a some awesome jewelry. Here's the look:
*Aren't my Momma's roses pretty? I can't believe they are still alive. It's gotten to freezing pretty much every night this week!

I love this outfit. I got loads of compliments on it at work from the guests. They all wanted to know why I was so "dressed up."
At my job, you pretty much can get away with anything. It's business casual, but interpreted as "Black slacks and a t-shirt with flats." Now, I was taught business casual means "Not suits." Meaning you can wear slacks or khakis, with a nice top, not a t-shirt!
I'm the only one who even bothers. The GM is not interested in fashion at all, though the other manager is always professional looking and fun, she does not accessorize. Why have a cute outfit if you aren't going to properly accessorize? I think she can't wear costume jewelry. If I couldn't wear costume jewelry, I'd die. (Figurtively) I loves baubles way too much to be able to afford everything I want in REAL meatal and stones! So, are you the "fashion freak" at your office?
Outfit Breakdown
 Cashmere Cardigan: Apt. 9 via Goodwill ($4.99)
Thin Orange Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft via STRUT consignment store
Slacks: George from Walmart (SUPER OLD)
Ballet Flats: Faded Glory from Walmart
Leather Satchel: Street Level via Piperlime
Earrings: Glitter
Necklace: Banana Republic via Gap Outlet
Bangle: Yardsale
Pin: Gift (bought at Walmart, it's the mockingjay from the Hunger Games)