I finally got my gold pass to the zoo in the mail and could not wait to go! It was a lovely day too. I was almost too warm in my thrifted J.Crew sweater. I put my new camera to good use and finally got to use my HD mega zoom lens (you know, that is the technical name of it.) I got pictures that I never dreamed possible before. I saw the inside of the lion's mouth with this lens! It's so crazy what a nice camera can do for you. I got the camera, two lenses, a bag and SD card for about $1000. That's a lot of money but hey, it was my tax refund money. Money well spent! I should really get around to reading the instruction manual, and use it to it's full potential. Anyway, what I wore to the zoo:















I wore my thrifted J.Crew sweater, ruffled polka dot blouse, super duper old Gap boyfriend jeans, slouchy brown boots and toted my coral H & M cross body bag. Easy for a day of walking and being with kids.

































Now for some gratuitous shots of animals!
Elephant.




Dueling Polar bears! Seriously, they were wrestling and having fun. It was awesome to watch.

This handsome guy. 
He was SO tired.
Those white Tigers were sleepy too!
The Snow Leopard. It's my Husband's favorite animal. I did not get to see my favorite animal, the Okapi. Don't know what that is? Look them up, they are so totally cute.
This pretty lady just had a baby! But he was not on display. too bad :(

BREAKING IT DOWN:
SWEATER: J.CREW, TRIFTED/GOODWILL
TOP: CROFT AND BARROW THRIFTED/LAURA'S CLOSET
JEANS: GAP 
BOOTS: THRIFTED FACEBOOK YARD SALE
BAG: H & M (STILL IN STORES!)