I totally stole this outfit! My coworker has a similar dress to the one I am wearing here, and she paired hers with a denim jacket, black tights, and black flats for a coffee date the other day. I love the idea of dressing down the dress, so I copied it but added my typical Ashleigh touch. Take a look:
I added red tights and black boots, plus a long gold chain, a peacock pin, and a peacock bracelet.
It was warmer, mid 50s, but I don't go bare legs in winter. I wore the boots to tone down my red tights. Kentuckians have a major problem with colored tights! All day long it was "I love your outfit, except the tights..."
I pinned my peacock brooch right on the collar for some bling.
My Sabine necklace, awesome score from the Gap Outlet.
I got a lot of compliments on this outfit, but I think next time I will wear some flats instead of the boots, and wear my darker colored denim jacket.







OUTFIT BREAKDOWN:
JACKET: WET SEAL
DRESS: THRIFTED/FACEBOOK YARD SALE
TIGHTS: DOTS
BOOTS: FASHION BUG
NECKLACE: SABINE VIA THE GAP OUTLET
PIN: FOREVER 21
BRACELET: AMAZON.COM