So today I tried my Hand at some subtle pattern mixing, and I loooooooove the end result! It's not over-the-top, in-your-face WTF are you wearing?! Just nice, subtle, cute clothes that work together. Take a look:

I am also rocking the milkmaid braids. Heidi ho!


So let's run it down: Checked (is it gingham? I guess it is) shirt, leopard belt, polka dot heels.


I think it works because all of the prints are on the smaller side, and my belt is even smaller still and quite thin. It all just meshes so well for me. If you can't tell since I am grinning ear-to-ear in every picture!


I really love those camp shirts from Old Navy (I bought like 6 for $10 each + 30% off!). And the boyfriend jeans I'm wearing. I just un-cuffed them and BAM! Perfect length, skinny but not TOO skinny jeans. I may never buy skinny jeans again....

My fabulous vintage '90s Guess heels, scored for $10 at a Facebook yard sale!

What am I doing? I'm jumping for joy obviously! (For no reason except it made my Mom laugh.)


Look you can see my hair tie. LOL.


Camp shirt: Old Navy (still in stores!)
Boyfriend Jeans: ON strikes again...and still in stores!
Heels: GUESS thrfited via Facebook yard sale
Glasses: c/o Firmoo
Necklace: Body Central
Belt: Dots

So did I pull this off or do I look like a maniac? What about these braids? I just wanted to try something a little different with my hair since it's always in a bun, parted to the side and loose, or in a side braid. I like these but probably not for work or anything :)