I like antiques. I'm trying to get my new home all set up, but trying to marry my stuff and his stuff isn't so easy. :( I can't wait to replace his chrome and glass entertainment center with something else! Anyway, these are just a few of the things I LOVE from my living room.
For my B-Day my loved ones very generously added to my growing Owl motif in the living room. Thanks guys! I've loved owls ever since 2008. There was a barn owl in the HUGE tree behind our first house and she had three owlets. I watched them grow up that summer. They were awesome. So now, I kind of collect them.

An antique steamer trunk that I use to house my owl boys, Red, Herbert,  Jefferson, and Bill. And my lamp and a framed photo of the kids that London hand painted for me.














The red owl is an antique whiskey decanter! The center is a vase, third is a vintage book end and fourth is just a cute little guy I got at Pier 1.
Owls and poppies. 'Nuff said. It's actually a little out of place on this wall. I may move it to the hall. Or behind the TV.
Smaller antique trunk I use as a coffee table. I put all of my guest pillows and blankets in it so they are out of sight till some one stays over.
OOOOOO. I love my sofa. It's leather and so buttery soft. And it reclines! Jamie bought my couch pillows. She couldn't find two of the owl ones so it's the "accent" pillow. I'm going to replace the throw with something that matches though.
Roger's Grandma got this specifically for me because I have an Iris tattooed on my foot. This goes where I have the owls now. I need to put it back.
I had these on the wall at my apartment and have yet to find their place at the new house. 


























Our souvenirs from Florida on my crappy book case. i can't wait to replace it with a REAL book case. You know, made out of wood. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share. I am loving the owl theme and think it doesn't completely overwhelm the room, so I'm going to just go with it.
-Ash