I've seen everyone doing these posts and thought I'd do one as well. I tried to mix fashion related with the silly and unexpected SO here ya go. My 10 things:

1. I started my first fashion blog in 2009 on my Facebook account. I'd write a note, tag my friends, and attach pics of what I was wearing. My Mom, my friend Jessica, and my sister were my readers. It was awful, but I do remember correctly predicting the trends for Spring 2010 (NAUTICAL...I still have anchor earrings from that.)


2.I come from a huge family! I have an older brother, two younger sisters, and a younger brother. Between us we have 17 kids and one on the way. All of these children are under 8 years old. I love all of them!
*Not all of them in this, just some.


3. My best friend, Elise, and I didn't become bffs til 2005, but we'd known one another since 1999. We've always hung out in the same group but we weren't close till we were both pregnant at the same time. (I was 19 she was 18.) We were the only pregnant people we knew and bonded. Even though she moved 5 hours away, we're still bffs.


4. My OTHER best friend is my cousin, Jamie. I didn't meet her until 2011! Our Dads are brothers, but I don't associate with my Father and didn't know many people on that side of my family. I knew a few of my other cousins, but hadn't seen Jamie since I was about 7, and I can't really remember her from that time. She added me on Facebook through one of our other cousins and invited me out for her birthday, which is four days before my birthday, so we celebrated together and have done that ever since! We are exactly alike, we even LOOK exactly alike, except Jamie has gorgeous golden skin because she's mixed and I am about as white as you can get. Seriously though. Same nose, eyebrow shape, etc. 


5. My favorite colors are pink (any shade of pink!) and also gray, black and white. Before I got involved in blogging these colors were my ENTIRE wardrobe. I never, ever would have bought or worn anything orange, brown, or green! 

6. My middle finger nail on my left hand stays shorter than the other nails around it because it begins to split when it grows past my fingertip. When I say split I mean it literally splits down the entire nail to my cuticle. It's painful! So I just keep it short.

7. I have 7 tattoos. My daughters name on my left hip, my son's name on my right hip, an eighth note on my right should and a heart with my daughter's initials (she was my only child at the time) on my left shoulder, the Greek tragedy/comedy masks on my lower back, "A dream is a wish." on my inner forearm, and an Iris and a daffodil together on my right foot that is a bff tattoo with my lovie, Elise. She has the same tattoo on her right foot.

8. My obsession with costume jewelry started when I began following Kaylee from Sidewalk Ready. She has a beautiful collection and made it so easy to change up your look just using accessories. I wanted to do that too.

9. My interest in fashion began after I had my son. He had a condition that caused him to projectile vomit and he was really sick until he was about 6 months old. But between his birth and turning six months old I threw away ALL OF MY CLOTHES because they were gross and stained. Then I started working at Deb in the mall and got a new wardrobe and a new interest in clothes. I had to learn to dress properly for this new body because unlike with my daughter, I never seemed to lose the baby weight from having Logan.


10. I used to have a quarter sized gap between my teeth till I was about 10. Then everything moved into it's proper place when my adult teeth were all in and filled out the spaces.

And now I'm going to tag Kacie from Shy Girl Loud Voice so she has to do one too. Technically I think I was supposed to be tagged but all is well that ends well. 

Do any of these facts amuse or surprise you?
-Ash