Can it be? Is it true? It's ABOVE 60° (actually it was 62 °!) Holy Spring!
Can you tell I am excited?
And then it promptly poured buckets of rain the day after this outing. Ah, Spring in the NKY/Cinci area.













How did I spend this lovely Spring day you ask? Well, I stayed in doors naturally. But I stayed indoors to see the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Cincinnati Museum Center. For Easter weekend they brought out the Ten Commandments scroll. According to the brochure, for every 10 days on display the Ten Commandments scroll has to be stored in complete darkness for a year due to the sensitivity of the paper to light. Doesn't that blow your mind? I didn't get any pictures of it because of the they weren't allowed. The museum center said it violated their contract with the Israeli Antiquities people. BOOOOO.  
*This is Museum Center/Union terminal. A beautiful Art Deco building that opened in 1933 as a bustling train station, it closed in 1972 due to the decline in train travel after WW2.  After that it became a mall for most of the 1980s, and finally in 1990 it opened as the Cincinnati Museum Center, which now houses three museums and an Omnimax theater. 1990 also saw the return of the trains! Currently Amtrak operates a working track out of Union Terminal. 


I celebrated the positively balmy (hahaha) Spring weather by wearing this VERY Spring-y floral Old Navy dress. I bought it last year on clearance for $7.00, but never wore it because it was white...and I have kids...and I really didn't know how to style it. I couldn't bear the thought of giving it away, it's so pretty! So in my closet is stayed, TILL NOW. 
After becoming an avid fashion blog reader  (I follow...43? Blogs now.) I realized I could style this dress. To make it less 1950s (Husband kept insisting I make him dinner in it lol.) I added these killer Lauren Conrad heels, my denim jacket, and a multi chain necklace for a little edge.

Did I make this slightly intimidating white floral dress work? I think I did. I can't wait to try a night out version with a black leather jacket, black belt, and killer black heels! Totally more versatile than I thought! I apologize for the crazy long post today. Info overload I know, but I had to share!

On Me:
FLORAL DRESS: OLD NAVY
DENIM JACKET: WET SEAL
HEELS:LAUREN CONRAD/THRIFTED/FACEBOOK YARD SALE
CHAIN NECKLACE: FOREVER 21
MINT BANGLES: DOTS
RAFFIE ENVELOPE BAG: LIZ CLAIBORNE/ THRIFTED/ GOODWILL