I am a firm believer that curvy girls can wear high waisted skirts. They can! When styled correctly, it's a fun, feminine silhouette. Topping my outfit with my cropped jean jacket threw the proportions off on this ensemble. Without the jacket, I looked awesomesauce. I've run into the problem before ( see this post.) I should know better right?
If you could see it without the jacket, you'd see what I saw when I envisioned it/put it on. The skirt is an egg shell color pleated high waisted midi skirt from Shabby Apple. I won a gift card to Shabby Apple from Penniless Socialite back in the fall. I had not worn this skirt yet, so I wanted it to make it's debut in the warm 50 ° weather we were having.



It helps when I remember to reapply lipstick. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes in pictures!

That is a perfect blogger bun right there!

Moral of the story: No cropped jackets over long skirts over tall boots on a curvy 5'2" wannabe fashionista. Just say NO, Ash!

ON ME:
DENIM JACKET: WET SEAL
SHIRT: GAP VIA THE GAP OUTLET
SKIRT: SHABBY APPLE
BOOTS: FASHION BUG
SCARF: MEXICO
EARRINGS: THRIFTED/ST.VINCENT DE PAUL
STONE BANGLE: THRIFTED/GOODWILL
PURSE: PIPERLIME