I had a little shopping spree over the past couple of weeks. I actually didn't buy a lot of clothing and accessories. I mainly bought things for my home like a new sofa, plus a Nook and a DSLR camera so I can have decent blog pictures. i am very excited about the camera and can't wait to post pics! I'm still getting used to it though. 
Anyway, I have been wanting a pair of polka dot jeans FOREVER. I have some DIY'd ones pinned on Pinterest, but I've never gotten around to doing it. When I saw these, I had to have them. Where did I get them? WALMART, of all places! Next to some leopard skinny jeans were these ankle-zip polka dot cuties. They were also on mark down. They were destined to be in my closet! Take a look:
It wasn't enough for me to wear polka dots skinnies though. No, no no my friends. I also wore a tone-on-tone purple striped top, the Army jacket I bought at the Army/Navy surplus store, and I tried to wear my leopard flats, but my Mother wouldn't let me out of the house with all of these patterns AND my (faux) Croc skin bag AND leopard flats. Plus she wanted to borrow them. But I'm not kidding. She literally grabbed my arm and physically restrained me from leaving the house till I at least changed my shoes. Silly Mom. Leopard is a NEUTRAL PRINT. Duh.
I like all the colors and patterns together...but I actually only wore my jacket outside. The snow was gone but it was still HELLA cold.
This is what I wore to dinner and to the mall with my bestie Tara. I only ever see Tara every few months when one of us gets enough time off to make the 2 hour drive. 2 hours doesn't sounds so far but when I have kids and work full time plus she works full time, has all of her after-school activities and church choir AND it's actually round-trip four hours...well...we only see each other every few months. :(
She's the English teacher I talk about all the time. She kept her head down the whole time in the mall. I think my ensemble embarrassed her? Or maybe just because I am loud?
 See the ankle zip? I love it. Totally sold me on these jeans. well, and the polka dots of course.
The hanger thingie was hanging out of my shirt in this one. Grrrrrrrrr. Thanks for telling me Mom!

I tucked it back in. I honestly love wearing all these patterns together. In my opinion the stripes in the top are tone-on-tone so it's subtle against the polka dot pants. 
Plus, you gotta love gold glittery loafers. They make everyone smile and remind me of the king of Pop, Michael Jackson. In a good way, clearly or I wouldn't wear them.

Was I a walking fashion faux pas or was I totally rocking it? How would you style polka dots pants? More subtle or wild? Let me know!
OUTFIT BREAKDOWN
JACKET: ARMY/NAVY SURPLUS STORE
TOP: WALMART
JEANS: WALMART
LOAFERS: TARGET
BAG: THRIFTED/IDK
HEART NECKLACE: THRIFTED/ FACEBOOK YARD SALE
LAYERED NECKLACE: BANANA REPUBLIC
LIPPY IS THAT REVLON LIP BUTTER, THIS COLOR IS CALLED APPLE I THINK. YOU BLOGGERS HAVE ME ADDICTED TO THESE! I BOUGHT FOUR DIFFERENT COLORS IN TWO WEEKS!