I really like taking my daytime or work outfits and switching out a few accessories to make a great going-out ensemble! It's why I keep so many hats and shoes in my car! Just kidding. (I'm not kidding...)
Anyway, Roger and I had brunch at the English Pub in Mainstrasse and then went vintage shopping. We stopped at the Army/Navy surplus store and I ended up actually buying a few things! You'll see those items soon. This is what I wore to Brunch:
I wore a gold and black sequin tank, an over-size striped cardigan, cuffed skinny jeans, textured trouser socks and gold glittery loafers, plus my Forever 21 cross-body purse.
The socks were hastily put on after brunch and before going to the Army/Navy surplus store. My feet were freezing! We had walked to brunch, literally only a block away. But it was a block of snow and ice! Roger grabbed these for me when we went to get the car to go and leave. Saved my feet!
I love these glittery loafers. Thanks Target. You know my love of all things that sparkle.
Snow was falling down as we took these pics.


I also braided my hair and wore red lippy, which comes in hand for my switch to night glam!

After this fun day with the Hubby, it was time to go out with friends. I simply swapped my cardigan for a black satin 3/4 sleeve blazer, switched my gold glittery loafers for gold glittery heels, transferred my necessities to this vintage clutch, and topped everything off with a leopard print fedora. Behold:
I kept the bones of my outfit the same and also un-braided my hair for some tousled texture.

The heels, like my loafers, are also from Target! Though I bought them a few years ago.
I have never really liked the idea of dark stocking and light colored shoes, but my fellow bloggers have won me over. I like it! Plus, I was cold, and every layer of warmth between my skin and the elements was a bonus for me.
I love that you can see the pink lining of my jacket, and how the leopard fedora just ties in all the colors from my ensemble.
So what do you think of this day-to-night transition? Thumbs up? Would you add or delete anything? Let me know what you think!
OUTFIT BREAKDOWN:
TANK: CATOS
JEANS: DOTS
SOCKS: PAYLESS
CARDIGAN: TARGET
BLAZER: GAP
LOAFERS: TARGET
HEELS: TARGET
HAT: DOTS
BAG: FOREVER 21
CLUTCH: VINTAGE/THRIFTED, GOODWILL
NECKLACE: THRIFTED/ST.VINCENT DE PAUL
EARRINGS: WALMART