Today I am trying a new face mask. It contains oranges and bergamot and it smells AMAZING. It is supposed to make my face luminous and soothe my irritated skin. I will post a review after using it for a week and let you know how it goes. I want my skin soft and blemish-free for my upcoming nuptials to my beloved, R.

That was the face mask. Now for the oath. I am swearing an oath that I, Ashleigh Sanders future McElfresh, am no longer purchasing new items online or in-store for myself. I am only going to thrift shop from now till my birthday, February 20th. (I will continue if it proves to be a success.) I LOVE thrifting and I am also great at shopping a sale, but I spend WAY too much money on clothing and costume jewelry in particular. If I score an amazing deal, you will hear it. If I absolutely need something (brown flats) that I cannot find in any of the local thrift stores I will break down and buy it, but only if it is a necessity. There are several Goodwills, St. Vincent De Pauls, and other thrift stores in my area as well as MANY consignment shops. I am allowing myself to put consignment shops, flea markets, yard sales and trades/swaps in my "thrifting" category. The only thing I will not buy used are sneakers.

Now for a gratuitous shot of me and my famous leopard print pants. The people I work with say they abhor these pants, but I think they secretly wish they had the confidence to try trends as I do. Though I am hesitant to call them a trend as leopard is a timeless print, and I want to wear these pants long into my elderly years and hopefully be as fabulous as Iris Apfel. Don't know who Iris is? Google her. She's FABULOUS.
My Pants:
Yes, I know you can't see the full shot. I took this with the self-timed camera on my tablet. My good camera arrives this weekend. Thank Goodness.
Do you want to join my shopping challenge? Leave a comment. Let's be comrades.
Outfit breakdown:
Black Tee: Basic from Walmart
Vest: from Dots circa 2009
Leopard pants: Dots (on sale BOGO!)
Necklace: Dots!
Shoes: Converse All Stars via Piperlime