Last week I was in a funk for like, four days. I woke up, worked, picked the kids up, and we fell asleep at 5 pm EVERYDAY. No dinner, no tv, no playing outside. Winter has turned us into Polar Bears! Then my niece and nephews came over one night, so we couldn't hibernate, and we snapped out of our collective funk just in time for the warm weather to hit for the kid's b-days. I finally took some blog pics on Thursday last week. Great outfits Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and no pictorial evidence. Boooooo.
I wore khakis. On days I wear khakis I feel soooooo washed out but I get so damn tired of black pants everyday of the week! Maybe I'll dye my khakis red or something, and spice up my wardrobe. I also had none clean and no time to do laundry at my aunt's. There's no washer and dryer hookup at the apartment. I am so glad we are moving to our new house!

 I wore my khakis, my thrifted polka dot blouse, cream colored flats, and my sweater coat. This blog post marks the first appearance of my Melie Bianco tote. I scored this beauty at the Gap Outlet. The Gap Outlet has items from Gap, Banana Republic, Althea, Piperlime, and Old Navy. This was a return because a TINY, and I mean tiny, piece of the black trim had pulled up on the handle. It was a $100 bag! It was $30 at the Gap Outlet. I bought it and fixed that tiny piece of trim with some fabric glue. You can't even tell! I love this purse, it is huge and holds my entire life. I fell for it because of the classic shape, beautiful neutral colors, and the lock closure. I couldn't figure out how to get the little lock open at first! Then it finally clicked (haha...clicked) and I took it home, where it had served me faithfully since.
OUTFIT SUMMARY:
Sweater Coat: Burlington Coat Factory
Blouse: Laura's Closet Plus Size Consignment
Khakis: Old Navy via a pal
Flats: Wet Seal
Tote: Melie Bianco via Gap Outlet
Earrings: Big Lots (old)
Peacock Ring: Xmas Gift From Mum
Necklace: Banana Republic via The Gap Outlet