I bought this cobalt Blue fit and flare dress for an interview. Since I had to work the day of the interview, I had to style it two ways. First, Wear-To-Work Way, and second, Give-Me-A-Job-Please way. I simply swapped my leopard cardigan for this houndstooth tweed jacket, and switched my black riding boots for suede pointy toe heels. I kept the necklace, dress, tights, and my signature red lips. Check it out:
I think this dress is fab, and it was a steal @ $17.99. I splurged and bought a new dress for the interview, since I figured I could also wear it during the up coming Holidays! I love it and I will be wearing it again soon. I like how bright the blue is, and it seems to go with everything.

My Mom didn't like this dress. What's not to like about a classic blue fit and flare dress? She was also sick and didn't take many good pics, but she told me to make sure that I mentioned that it's her Christmas tree I'm posing with. Now I will also mention that I made almost all of her ornaments MYSELF. Different crafts from previous years and this year we made salt-dough ornaments, which was fun, and cheap and now all 5 of her kids, their spouses, and all 17 grand children have their own, personalized ornament. YOUR WELCOME MOM. Grumpy old lady. P.S. It's a fun craft to do with your kiddos. There's a recipe below!
OUTFIT SUMMARY
DRESS: BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY
CARDIGAN: DOTS
TWEED JACKET: FACEBOOK YARDSALE
BOOTS: FASHION BUG
HEELS: BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY $12.99 ON SALE FROM $56.99!
NECKLACE: BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY
BAG: DSW
LIPSTICK: NYC "SHEER RED"



EASY SALT-DOUGH ORNAMENT RECIPE:
YOU WILL NEED
ONE CUP OF WATER
ONE CUP OF REGULAR TABLE SALT
TWO CUPS OF REGULAR WHITE FLOUR
FLOUR FOR DUSTING
A STRAW
POSTER PAINT, GLITTER, PAINT PENS, OR SHARPIES, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DECORATE WITH
HOOKS OR RIBBON TO HANG ORNAMENTS
CLEAR SPRAY SEALANT OR CLEAR NAIL POLISH TO FINISH
MAKES ABOUT 20 ORNAMAENTS

  • PREHEAT OVEN TO 200 DEGREES
  • COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL AND MIX FOR TWO MINUTES TILL DOUGH IS COMIBINED AND FORMING A BALL AROUND THE BEATERS
  • GRAB SOME MORE FLOUR AND HEAVILY/EVENLY FLOUR A WORK SURFACE
  • FLOUR YOUR HANDS SO THE DOUGH DOES NOT STICK AND BEGIN KNEADING DOUGH ON YOUR FLOURED WORK SURFACE TILL 1/2 AN INCH THICK
  • OR ROLL DOUGH OUT WITH A ROLLING PIN (I USED A BABY BOTTLE.) UNTIL 1/2 AN INCH THICK
  • USING COOKIE CUTTERS, CUT DOUGH INTO DESIRED ORNAMENT SHAPES. YOU CAN RE-FORM YOUR BALL AND RE-ROLL OUT TO MAKE MORE
  • USING THE STRAW, POKE HOLES IN THE TOP OF THE ORNAMENTS FOR HOOKS OR RIBBON. 
  • PLACE YOUR ORNAMENTS ON AN UN-GREASED BAKING SHEET AND BAKE FOR 2 HOURS. EDGES WITH BE LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN AND INNER WILL BE WHITE. WILL BE HARD LIKE A CRACKER.
  • IF YOU MAKE THINNER ORNAMENTS YOU CAN BAKE THEM FASTER BY BAKING THEM AT A HIGHER TEMP BUT THEY MAY CRACK.
  • SLIDE ORNAMENTS ONTO A PLATE AND PLACE IN FREEZER TO COOL.
  • DECORATE AS DESIRED. WE USED POSTER PAINT AND GLITTER GLUE. AFTER PAINT HAS DRIED, WRITE NAMES OR DATES WITH A SHARPIE OR PAINT PEN. 
  • ALLOW EVERYTHING TO DRY AND SEAL/PROTECT COOKIE BY SPRAYING WITH CLEAR SPRAY PAINT SEALANT OR CLEAR NAIL POLISH.
  • THREAD RIBBON OR USE ORNAMENT HOOKS THROUGH THE HOLE YOU MADE WITH THE STRAW AND HANG YOUR KEEPSAKE ORNAMENTS ON YOUR TREE!