I was at Goodwill on half off day, putting the gift card I won to use and I spotted this fringed, geometric, super soft, huge Forever 21 top. $2.99 and 1/2 off to boot. I put it in the cart to try on, but I didn't think I'd get it. Once in the dressing room, I fell in love. It's so, super soft. I'd wear it for pajamas! The fringe is playful and fun. But the fit is supposed to be baggy, and aren't curvier people supposed to wear more fitted pieces? I bought it anyway, resolving to wear it with skinny jeans to balance the flowyness of it.


Well, I tried it on with skinny jeans and it wasn't so great. I looked like a fringed potato on tooth picks. So it stayed in the closet while I did some research. I went to the logical choice, Kacie's blog, and began combing through the archives, searching for a way to try and wear this top.   I came across this post from a few weeks ago and knew I found just the way to style this shirt! Here's the inspiration:


I took the baggy top and paired it with flared jeans, strappy heels, a structured bag, red lips, a wooden cuff, a myriad of rings, and this beaded fringed necklace (that I actually bought because I liked one Kacie has that is similar!) I am extremely happy with how this turned out. The flared jeans balance the baggy top, the strappy heels give me height and length, creating an overall hourglass silhouette. Initially I thought I had to go with skinnies because flared jeans and a fringed top would look like a costume. I am happy to admit I was quite wrong.

Do you "define" your style? I've tried, but for me it's hard. I buy what I think looks good on me and I wear it. I think most people do that. I'd say I like comfortable,  classic pieces that can be worn around kids and to work with minimal effort. There are many things I'd LIKE to wear, but that I end up deciding I CAN'T wear. For example, I really, really love the vibe of bohemian inspired pieces and I've bought quite a few things that I never end up wearing because I feel like I'm in costume. Floppy felt hats, prairie skirts, lace shirts, fringed boots. I feel like an extra on a movie. So not stylish right? I've never managed to capture that boho essence, be comfortable, and not feel foolish. Till NOW!Though I didn't straight up copy the look, I took the shapes and ideas to create an ensemble with a similar bohemian vibe that I'm comfortable wearing while also maintaing my Ashleighness.
Do you think I've finally managed to showcase my inner boho?

Fringed Geometric Top: Thrifted Forever 21 via Goodwill
Flared Jeans: Burlington Coat Factory
Heels: Thrifted Merona via Goodwill
Necklace: Amazon.com
Bangle: Thrifted via Goodwill
Bag: Burlington Coat Factory
Rings: Kmart, Amazon, Yardsale, Meijer