So. Let me just say that I was whistled at, hooted at, had horns beeped at me, you name it, in this outfit. Why? I have no clue. I'm not even wearing heels. I suppose it's the red pencil skirt. It is a beacon to strange men, it's like a siren call. Red screams "Stop! LOOK at me! My booty is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine." So they do stop and look at you. I have minor cleavage in this striped top, but other than that I do not find this inherently sexy. Do you?
I actually had a "5 ways to wear" post planned for this skirt BUT I have had a serious lack of photographers lately. My 7 year old took these. Perhaps when someone becomes available or I buck up and use the remote and tripod I will post the "5 ways to wear."



*This one ^ is my favorite :)

I took an office-worthy red pencil skirt and striped blouse, and to dress them down I topped them with my thrifted denim jacket, bottomed them with my start-studded moto boots, added my thrifted white bag and my agate collar necklace and boom! Done and ready to rock-n-roll. 
P.S. Check out the cute back of my top!
Did I succeed in dressing down my office worthy top and skirt? Do you find this sexy at all? I don't. I just think I look kind of bad a$$. The best part? MY TOP AND SKIRT WERE ON CLEARANCE AT WAL-MART! Wal-mart, of all places. I went looking for light bulbs, came back with a bunch of clearance office worthy pieces for my wardrobe.

Jacket: Calvin Klein, thrifted via Goodwill $4.99
Top: Wal-Mart clearance, George brand, $2.99
Skirt: Wal-Mart clearance, George brand, $2.99
Belt: Dots, 3 for $5.99
Moto Boots: K-Mart, Selena Gomez brand OLD
Bag: Thrifted via Goodwill, $5.99
Necklace: Gift from Roger $0.00
Total Cost: $16.96 (pre tax)