My family is an Adidas family. It's what I buy for the kids for their shoes for school, and I personally own about 4 pairs of Adidas sneakers. They're just SO well made! Their clothing is also well made, but so expensive when my kids are changing sizes and growing every time I blink. Enter: Goodwill.



Athleisure has been a trend among millennials like myself for the last few years. It's part of the reason I stopped fashion blogging in the first place. People were no longer interested in multi-layer outfits combining different textures, patterns, colors, etc. Everyone wanted to be comfy, and that's okay. I'm a millennial as well. I am also overworked and under paid, and I want to be comfy too! I'm one of the few millennials I know to have kids, especially kids that are pre-teens (12 and 10 years old now!) Most of my friends JUST got married and started having babies...but I digress. The athleisure trend has trickled down and made its way into middle schools as well as elementary schools. My spawn want comfort, but with style. Adidas is the star among the athleisure crowd, seen upon everyone from Kylie Jenner to Jaclyn Hill. My secret? I thrift those sporty clothes and save tons of $$$ whilst maintaining the style my kids crave. My current thrift unicorn is Adidas jackets and hoodies for the family, but I've been striking GOLD with track pants, yoga pants, and sporty shorts.

All this is from one thrift haul from today:
Four pairs of women's Adidas shorts.
Retail $30-40 each.
Thirft: $3.99 each.

Three pairs of women's track pants.
Retail: $40-90 each.
Thrift: $4.99 each.


Three pair of Adidas men's shorts and one pair men's Nike shorts.
Retail: Adidas $35-50 each. Nike $30-50 each.
Thrift: $3.99 each.


Two pair of youth's track pants.
Retail: $40-60 each.
Thrift: $4.99 each.


Victoria's Secret PINK crop top and Sonoma cargo shorts.
Retail: Top/$25-35, cargo shorts/$20-25.
Thrift: Top/$4.99, shorts/$3.99.

Last but not least:

Two women's sports bras by Nike.
Retail: $30-65 each.
Thrift: $3.99 each.

Had I bought each item at the lowest retail price, I'd have spent over $560, not including tax. I spent $73 thrifting, including tax and including the 15% off for seniors discount they gave to my Mother, since she is 50 years old this year
Bonus: When we are done with these items they'll go to friends, family, or donated back to the thrift store for someone else to enjoy! Saving money and helping the environment by recycling is a win to me!

Impressed? What do you think? Will you give thrifting a go? 

Stay beautiful (and thrifty!)

Love,
Ashleigh