I thrifted this LC Lauren Conrad festive cardigan the other day because the detail on the shoulder was just so pretty to me. It's actually missing all the closures, but I don't care. It looks great worn open. The pearls and bows made me feel very ladylike, so I added this thrifted lace top, my pearl necklace, and these gold scroll earrings to echo that proper/ladylike tone. I didn't want to be TOO fussy and frilly, so I choose my polka dot jeans for a whimsical touch and then my slouchy boots and heavy Melie Bianco bag for a slightly rugged, masculine appeal that I believe balanced out the upper half's girlieness. It sounds like a lot of thought went into this outfit but I picked it all out in about 5 minutes, excluding the debate on necklaces.


*My camera was on a weird setting when Mom took them. Photos are kind of grainy.

I also decided to try an "arm party." I know everyone else does it but I'm just not a bracelet person, though I have many. I like bangles, but that's about it. WHY do you pile all these on your arms ladies? I know what you're doing. The minute you have to sit down to work, say on your computer at work, you take the arm party off because it drives you nuts trying to type with it on. Admit it!




I quite like this outfit and will be wearing it again. If I changed out my jeans for my brown slacks and maybe some leopard loafers this would be totally office appropriate. Or you could add a pencil skirt for the office, maybe a pink one for a pop of color. Perhaps a full or a-line skirt in a fun floral for brunch. There are a myriad of possibilities!

Cardigan: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohls, thrifted via Goodwill
Lace Top: Apt. 9 (Kohl's brand) thrifted via Goodwill
Polka Dot Jeans: LEI brand, Walmart
Slouchy Boots: Merona, thrifted via Facebook Yard Sale
Earrings: Forever 21
Pearls: Gift from Roger's Grandma
Bag: Melie Bianco, thrifted via Facebook Yard Sale