I loved this outfit when I was walking around my apartment. I went to my Mom's and she was not impressed. Somehow, the loveliness of it was lost. I think it's the skirt. It's so big on me. I'm very short, 5'2", and the skirt overwhelms me I think. If I wear it on my hip, it hits almost to my ankles. If I pull it up a bit higher, it still hits just under my knees and it falls down all the time! Even with a belt to cinch it, it kept falling down. If I hem it to hit at the right spot, I'll lose the pretty stripes. I definitely will have to take it in. I was not happy pulling it up all day!  
I was also completely covered up head-to-toe, with the boots coming up to my knee, the skirt hitting below the knee, and my long sleeve chambray shirt. It definitely had great bones, it just needs tweaked. This outfit may have a part 2 restyle.
OUTFIT BREAKDOWN
SHIRT: OLD NAVY
SKIRT: OLD NAVY
BOOTS: MOSSIMO VIA FACEBOOK YARDSALE
NECKLACE: EXPRESS VIA LAURA'S CLOSET
BELT: CAME OFF A PAIR OF SHORTS I BOUGHT.
EARRINGS: FOREVER 21
BANGLES: FACEBOOK YARDSALE
Have you ever had an outfit idea that just fell far below expectations?