I have wanted to start a fashion blog for a very LONG time. For the past year or so I have been logging outfit photos on my personal Facebook for my legions of fans on there to kind of test the waters-so to speak. (By legions of fans I mean my mom. She likes and comments every photo. Good Mommy!) So I have been using photos (except when London guest posted for me) from there to build my blog up in it's inaugural week so that the outfits I photograph this week will have time to be edited and such (thanks for the recommendations of picsa) and will be posted NEXT week. This way, if I am sick or on vacation I have about a week's worth of pictures in reserve to post for you. This is also why the quality of some of these first pictures = not so great, they were taken by me with my Blackberry or my tablet. I'm still learning, but the best part is we can learn and grow together! This week I am learning HTML (a little) and how to edit my pictures, and after that I will be taking a photography class so I can do a lot more with my camera. That was the old. This is the something new! (ESH)
Sharon, my coworker, wanted me to dress up for her birthday. I wore my favorite dress, a black blazer, a LOT of costume jewelry, sky-high heels (not pictured) and a lovely little fascinator. The effect was very cute but a little like Minnie Mouse! I think it could also have used a belt but I love the look and I have worn variations on it since.

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Forever 21
Blazer: Body Central (it's fully lined, 98% cotton and 2% stretch. Pretty Good for the price which was like $12)
Shoes (not pictured): DEB
Jewelry: All forever 21! Minus my engagement ring, of course.
Fascinator: Forever 21 strikes again!
Glass: Cover Girl from 2010
Side note: I bought a similar fascinator for my upcoming nuptials. It also came from Forever 21. Score for me because the wedding places charge like $80 and UP for them, but they were $3 each at Forever 21!