I bought this cardi at Forever 21 last fall because 1.It has a little patch on it that looks like the Gryffindor flag and 2. I was looking for a mustard-colored cardigan. This is more goldenrod colored but it is a more flattering yellow against my pale skin than the mustard option. 
When I wore the cardigan with my Sperry leopard trim Top Siders I felt a little bit preppy. Like I was on my way to school, and my huge purses doubles as a chic book bag. School of style maybe???

I added this old H & M scarf to bring all the colors of my ensemble together. The pink of my lipstick, the green of my purse, the black of my t-shirt, the color of my cardigan...you get the idea.
Seriously. Look how big this bag is. I got it as an early b-day gift, and love that it combines 2013's color of the year, Emerald, and the currently trending mint. The gold hardware is so pretty too.
Did I mention that today I am 27 years old? I feel SO old, and at the same time, I feel so young. I mostly feel old when I say something like "I slammed dunked that piece of paper like Michael Jordan!"and my 18 year old pals are like "The Hanes underwear guy?" SMH. I feel so young when I listen to WGRR oldies 103.5. I feel old when I realize the Backstreet Boys have been together for 20 years. Stuff like that. As they say, age is just a number. So...Happy Birthday to me!

OUTFIT BREAKDOWN:
CARDIGAN: FOREVER 21
T-SHIRT: HAND ME DOWN FROM ELISE
SCARF: H & M
JEANS: THRIFTED
SPERRY'S: DSW
BAG: BIG BUDDHA BRAND FROM DSW/WAS A GIFT
EARRINGS: FOREVER 21